Full stack web developer
Please note that we are only looking for candidates who are located within the UTC-1 to UTC+3 timezones.
IVPN is a rapidly growing privacy service on a mission to enable people to build relationships with people they trust, and protect themselves from those they don't. We've been around since 2010 but the market has recently exploded with the massive increase in user awareness for online privacy.
We are looking for an experienced web developer to work on a wide range of projects relating to our backend web servers.
Why join IVPN?
- You will be developing a product that we believe is crucial in the fight for online privacy together with a team that truly cares about their mission.
- TheWireCutter picked us as #1 among VPN providers, underlining our established and proven service that’s been around since 2010.
- Fully remote setting.
- We offer a competitive salary, generous vacation policy and the hardware of your choice to do your job.
- Develop well designed, testable, efficient code using software development best practices.
- Refactor, optimise, and improve the existing codebase for scale.
- Collaborating with other members of the product development team (developers, UX designers, PM etc) to achieve project objectives.
- Ensuring the security of our backend web infrastructure.
- Strong experience with PHP 7.x and the Laravel framework
- Strong experience with CSS / HTML / JS
- Ideally experience of OOCSS / BEM / SMACCS or similar methodologies
- Experience with Golang would be an advantage
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind scalable applications
- Knowledge of secure coding practices
- Fluent in SQL and able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Experience writing unit and integration tests
- Proficient with Git
- Ideally experience working in a remote, globally-distributed, agile team environment.